Simple advice & tips for your wedding day
The morning prep..
1. Distance between you. The closer you are getting ready to each other and the ceremony means more time for photos and less time spent driving. Even better if you get ready together! Who says you have to be separated - spend more time together and keep things as simple and intimate as possible.
2. Choose a spacious room with natural light coming from a big open window and declutter it, move furniture etc. This space will be used to get your detail shots of your gown and accessories and for taking the formal portraits.
3. Put all your accessories in a box to have ready for easy access, this saves time on the day trying to gather them all.
Items to put in this box for the bride: shoes, rings, ring box / pillow, perfume, jewellery, hand written vows, any other special items and your bouquet.
Items to put in this box for the groom: shoes, rings, ring box / pillow, cologne, watch, cuff-links, handwritten vows, boutonniere, tie / bow tie.
4. Hang your dress / suit on a nice white or wooden hanger for display.
5. Get your rings cleaned for extra sparkliness!
1. Respectfully ask your guests to not stand in the aisle to take photographs. Consider having an ‘unplugged’ ceremony so that your guests can be fully present. Ask your Celebrant to make a short announcement at the beginning.
2. Don’t rush it… A nice slow walk gives me plenty of time to take photos of you both as you see each other for the first time. If you think you are walking slow, walk even slower!
3. It is often best to do family photos right after the ceremony. Make a list of groups you want photographs with and ask a friend or family member to gather the appropriate family members for each shot. Allow 30 minutes for this.
4. Don’t let the weather get you down. Just grab gumboots, a white or transparent umbrella and enjoy this special day!